This is SPARTAAAAAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naga Siren

+2
ReVeRiE^
LackA.
6 posters

Go down

Naga Siren Empty Naga Siren

Post  LackA. Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Yep, as the title suggest, I will be talking about Naga Siren in this tread. Is Naga Siren just a mediocre hero he once was, just a fat creature with fins on his head, with a fat tail in place of what should be legs? I dont think so, I think now he is a very viable hero to pick, if he was not already. He has decent damage early game, ensnare, mirror image and in the late game critical. He also has his ulti which:
Level 1 - Lasts 6 seconds, affects a small area.
Level 2 - Lasts 7 seconds, affects a large area.
Level 3 - Lasts 8 seconds, affects a huge area.
In 6.63, he can create 3 images of himself which deal 30% of his damage with just one level of his first skill, Mirror Image. Put him in a lane with lion or cm or even lich, its not that hard to kill, with reasonable microing, its not hard to block the opponent especially if he is ensnared. Furthermore, after he casts it, he can use these images to scout/check the runes.
He does well against casters and other dps heroes too, as most other hard carries do not have much aoe to kill his images. His ulti is a useful tool for initiating/delaying time to push, especially if your team has a an es+chen+bm. With a diffusal mid game, ganking with him will mostly in a kill and he can escape ganks with his images/ensnare or even his ulti in the worst-case senario.

Naga is extremely viable and I hope we can use him moar, what do you guys think?
LackA.
LackA.

https://clan-dos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Naga Siren Empty Re: Naga Siren

Post  ReVeRiE^ Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Naga has definitely become more viable in push strats and as a semi-carry although she still lacks survivability and still dies easily(300%) to AoE. Ensnare is great in the lane and along with another disabler/stunner ensures a kill.
ReVeRiE^
ReVeRiE^

Back to top Go down

Post  ArtOfEnaZ. Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Naga is definitely good for his ensare, song and images. He is really a good mid-late gamer. Prolly early too, for his ensare. Well, Naga is one of my fav heroes cus of its images and awsm crits to pwnt enemies fast. Just give him something like diffusal blade.(I found out that maelstorm is also fucking awesome.) lololololololol Nice Story?

ArtOfEnaZ.

http://www.hi.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin0z Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Naga has been underated through most versions in draft/competitive matches, but if played well it really is an amazing hero to work with. Its ensnare is annoying as hell early game especially with ganging heroes lurking around like RK, Lina, VS, Furion, a net is practically Gg as there is absolutely no way to escape from it (unless u tp or use ghost staff).
Also, there have been a few strategies where Naga's imba sleep was fully utillised to push down an ENTIRE rax. I was surprised when i first encountered this myself too... Naga + images, SF with his imba dmg, RK with his god's str (and early game mass gang with naga), VS's command aura and Rhasta's wards... Gg...
Valentin0z
Valentin0z
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  x[S]ianz- Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:31 am

I suppose that's probably one of the main reasons why Naga was picked. However, if Naga has such potential mid-late game, why don't most people make use of him? Is he really that underrated, or just purely overlooked?
x[S]ianz-
x[S]ianz-

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin0z Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 pm

IMO Naga is only good in a few types of line ups. Although Naga is good as mentioned above... He has alot of cons as well...
1. It does not have any stuns which make it alot less useful in team battles... (Net doesnt really help in a 5v5 engage)
2. Her main form of dps (Mirror Image) is VERY EASILY WIPED OUT! Especially against AoE lineups.
3. Naga is extremely hard to play well early game because it cant do much against gangs (song has a long CD and high manacost) Its also very hard for her to farm up easily early game...

True its really strong mid - late game to initiate battles using her song, but shes not really an effective dps on the whole and that makes her rather less picked...
All in all, Naga is strong in certain line ups but is other wise comparatively weaker to other carries which are more picked. =)
Just my 2 cents
Valentin0z
Valentin0z
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  LackA. Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Thats true. But I believe he will be in the competitive scene much more now.
LackA.
LackA.

https://clan-dos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin0z Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Its a possibility =)
If people can think of a strong hero to lane with him, because as far as im concerned Naga hardly works well in a dual lane
Most people play him in a tri-lane with vs rk and those stunner heros...
It'll be interesting to see alot more of this overlooked/underated hero, being played in the competitive scene.
Valentin0z
Valentin0z
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamer Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Naga will probably be used if people find out how to farm efficiently and gank well with her (ganking part being a relative no brainer with net)

Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  x[S]ianz- Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 pm

Valentin0z wrote:IMO Naga is only good in a few types of line ups. Although Naga is good as mentioned above... He has alot of cons as well...
1. It does not have any stuns which make it alot less useful in team battles... (Net doesnt really help in a 5v5 engage)
2. Her main form of dps (Mirror Image) is VERY EASILY WIPED OUT! Especially against AoE lineups.
3. Naga is extremely hard to play well early game because it cant do much against gangs (song has a long CD and high manacost) Its also very hard for her to farm up easily early game...

True its really strong mid - late game to initiate battles using her song, but shes not really an effective dps on the whole and that makes her rather less picked...
All in all, Naga is strong in certain line ups but is other wise comparatively weaker to other carries which are more picked. =)
Just my 2 cents

Agreed. This makes him less popular. He might stand a chance if IceFrog decides to nerf popular hero choices.
x[S]ianz-
x[S]ianz-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum