This is SPARTAAAAAA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs

4 posters

Go down

Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs Empty Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs

Post  Zaroff Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Instead of talking about heroes which have been nerfed to oblivion, I'm going to talk about heroes that I think received good buffs that could see them being more viable or being in the right direction.

When I say viable here, it's a bit selective. Personally I think all heroes are viable, however, some heroes are only situational picks (Techies, Antimage, etc.) while others are thoroughly outshone by other heroes (Magnataur, Nerubian Weaver).

However I think some buffs in 6.63 are awesome, particularly for the following heroes (and I want your opinion/comments on this)

Chaos Knight (Phantasm cooldown buff). CK is a really good ganker in his own right, just with a limited mana pool. However, he has a really strong stun, good movespeed and is great at chasing. Furthermore, he scales well and pushes fast. Phantasm just had a really long cooldown but this makes it much better- could be a good ganker-semicarry)

Naga Siren (Images buff) as mentioned in the other Naga thread, the buff is really good for her. Helps her image scale, improves her laning. She already is a decent hero, good scaling, good damage, and a really awesome ulti. This helps her laning and ganking a lot!

Queen of Pain (Cooldowns). Nothing to say. Hopefully QOP will be as dominant as before. This really helps her laning and ganking and hopefully wins the rune war. I think QOP can easily dominate on a dual lane with SS/Scream (no blink) while owning in mid solo with the same build but with one blink.

Bristleback- Yet to see how effective the buff really is, though I think it might make him more useful and more able to draw fire. Makes him hit hard, because attack speed- meh, no one really cares.

Centaur- Nuff said, the Double edge mana cost screwed his ganking because he really didn't have enough mana to do shit. Now he can save all his mana for that crucial stun. Furthermore, Double Edge not killing him let's him safely use it at red against others to instagib. Could see potential, but needs a way to farm better.

The rest- Not so impressed. Come on, comments.
Zaroff
Zaroff
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs Empty Re: Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs

Post  LackA. Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:52 pm

All the heroes you mentioned were very much situational in the previous versions, especially Nage and BB. I will have to agree with you that these heroes will see much more competitive play.
LackA.
LackA.

https://clan-dos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs Empty Re: Viability of heroes after 6.63 buffs

Post  ReVeRiE^ Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:53 pm

I think another 2 heroes are also becoming increasingly viable heroes as situational picks.

Furion --> Top ganker and once part of the famous global strat might work out as a surprise pick. Wrath is now global and a quick scepter allows furion to be a farming machine with great mobility(20 seconds cd)

Tiny-->Buff to Blink Dagger from 18-->14 seconds and Toss now only has a 10 seconds cd means he can definitely gank better.
ReVeRiE^
ReVeRiE^

Back to top Go down

Post  LackA. Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:56 pm

ReVeRiE^ wrote:I think another 2 heroes are also becoming increasingly viable heroes as situational picks.

Furion --> Top ganker and once part of the famous global strat might work out as a surprise pick. Wrath is now global and a quick scepter allows furion to be a farming machine with great mobility(20 seconds cd)

Tiny-->Buff to Blink Dagger from 18-->14 seconds and Toss now only has a 10 seconds cd means he can definitely gank better.

I agree. Sandking is also another of these heroes with his 10 sec ss cd. Broodmother maybe?
LackA.
LackA.

https://clan-dos.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaroff Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm

SK and BM have already been picked far more frequently than those I mentioned. YES i forgot Furion, my bad. However I disagree that he is a good ganker. While technically, yes he is a good ganker, do remember that he needs his farm to scale into late game. I prefer playing him as a hardcore farmer and pusher with his mobility and trees, and Wrath for global help, with Agha's of course.

Playing him as a ganker not only limits his farm, it also rapes his late game. I've played a few games with him in both ways, and notice that he isn't a conventional ganker. While his disable and mobility is superb, do remember his disable is pseudo, can be countered, and doesn't do any damage unlike other gankers. In fact, without any gold, he's useless late game while heroes like Veno and VS can afford to gank and still do relatively well in the later stages.
Zaroff
Zaroff
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin0z Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 pm

I dont think Centaur really needs any new ways to farm because return is already imba as it is, both as a farming and pushing tool.
As for most of the buffs i guess they are fine... Just some i'ld like to talk about
Heart really is ALOT less effective now as it wont regen your health if u are in battle, which u most probably are 90% of the time once u actually get to farm up a heart ( Mid - Late game). Even though it regens 2%... i think we can kiss our
(Huskar: CANT KEEL ME BITCHES I HAVE HEART WOO) days goodbye...
Dono if anyone else has already mentioned this but treads and phase boots also got buffed/nerfed.
Treads no longer adds AS and merely adds stats ... so most i think most agils / carries would start to get phase boots as it really is alot better now. Treads now will be more popular among supports becoz its friggin cheap and its +10 str wao!
Just my 2 cents worth =)
Valentin0z
Valentin0z
Organizer
Organizer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down